InterPlan Systems News
Now available: a study that reveals the nature and causes of turnaround budget overruns. There are two main categories: preventable (or avoidable), and non-avoidable. The study reveals the causes of a substantial portion of budget overruns, and points to a solution, which can be implemented easily and quickly.
So many failed turnaround “post-mortems” aka “lessons learned” fail to identify the root causes of budget overruns. This is because there is a
reliance on traditional practices, that fail to address the true nature of cost control. Doing the same thing over and over again every
turnaround will guarantee disastrous result.
Our documents will shed light on this problem and point to proven solutions. They are free for the asking. Contact us today by email or phone: 281-482-7126.
InterPlan Systems has released a minor update for the eTaskMaker Wizard. The Work Scope report in the eTaskMaker Wizard now displays a summary row for total manhours when the report is configured to show manhours.
InterPlan Systems has released the following new eTaskMaker estimating module:
- Cooling Tower Louvers Replacement – (new – Heat Exchangers folder) Covers the removal of old/damaged louvers on a cooling tower and replacing them with new, fiberglass reinforced plastic ones. The module also includes the necessary tasks for asbestos abatement, if necessary. Note that the removal/installation process assumes the use of a special manlift. If scaffolding is to be used, the scaffolding estimates should be created separately using the scaffolding estimating module; then make any necessary editing to the estimate to remove the references to the manlift.
eTaskMaker clients may now download the update from our downloads repository.
InterPlan Systems announces an update for the Conceptual Cost Estimator (CCE) that includes an enhancement to the estimating worksheet. CCE now allows users to enter comments in the estimating worksheet to keep track of details pertinent to an estimate. The new, enhanced CCE is available now.
InterPlan Systems has released the following new and updated eTaskMaker estimating modules:
- AG Centrifugal Pump Installation (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Bolt Tightening Test – (new)
- Broken Bolts-Studs-Keys Removal (Metal Disintegration Method (Rev. 2) – (updated)
- Cable Tray (Standard, Metal Ladder Type) Installation (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Centrifuge (Rev. 5) – (updated)
- Channel Head Belzona Repairs (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Chemical Cleaning of Unit (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Converter Bottle Catalyst Change & Inspection (Rev. 4) – (updated)
- Conveyors Feeder Screw (Rev. 5) – (updated)
- Conveyors Open Belt (Rev. 4) – (updated)
- Electrical Conduit Re-routing (Rev. 2) – (updated)
- Electric Motor Starters & Push Buttons (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Elevator (Rev. 2) – (updated)
- Equipment Procurement – Fabricated – (new)
- Equipment Procurement – Rotating Equipment – (new)
- Equipment Procurement – Stock Item – (new)
- Flare Header – (new)
- Flange Machining – (new)
- Floodwater Damage Recovery – (new)
- Foundation – Storage Tank – (new)
- Fugitive Emissions Identification (Pre-Turnaround) (Rev. 2) – (updated)
- Heat Exchanger U-Tubes – Bolting Update – (new)
- High Voltage Insulator Cleaning & Coating (Rev. 1) – (updated)
- Injection Quill Installation (Rev. 1) – (updated)
- Instruments Pneumatic – Field Service (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Insulator Cleaning & Coating – (new)
- Manway Opening (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Nuclear Level Calibration (Rev. 2) – (updated)
- Orifice Flanges (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Orifice Plates (Rev. 7) – (updated)
- Pipe Insulation – Eslin – (new)
- Piping – Flare Line Replacement (Rev. 4) – (updated)
- Plastic Pipe (Erection Underground) – (new)
- Retube Floating Head Tube Bundle (rev. 2) – (updated)
- Scaffold Dismantling (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Scaffold Erection (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Scrubbers (Rev. 2) – (updated)
- Site Plan Development – (new)
- Transformer – Pole Mounted (Rev. 1) – (updated)
- Transformer Radiator Gasket Replacement (Rev. 1) – (updated)
- Transformer Radiator Leak Repairs (Rev. 1) – (updated)
- Traveling Water Screen (Rev. 1) – (updated)
- TSA & TSZ Spray Coating Corrosion Control (Rev. 1) – (updated)
- UHP Water Jet Cutting (Rev. 2) – (updated)
- Unit Shutdown – (new)
- Underground Pipe (Cast iron – Concrete – PVC) – (new)
- Vessel Cladding Overlay (Automatic) (Rev. 3) – (updated)
- Welding Shelters & Wind Breaks (Rev. 1) – (updated)
- Work Force Mobilization (Rev. 1) – (updated)
Additionally, eTaskMaker modules have now been organized into folders. eTaskMaker clients may now download the update from our downloads repository.
InterPlan Systems has published a new white paper that looks at the relative strengths of eTaskMaker vs. a template manager in helping an organization achieve standardization of best practices in planning and estimating for STOs (turnarounds, I&Ts (inspection & testing), shutdowns, emergency outages, debottlenecking projects, revamps, catalyst regeneration, etc.). The new white paper can be found here:
InterPlan Systems will be exhibiting at the May 2018 AFPM Reliability and Maintenance Conference in San Antonio, TX in booth 721. Please stop by our booth and say hello. We will be exhibiting our planning and management solutions including the next generation version of ATC Professional. We’ll also have copies of our STO Planning and Management Handbooks on hand for review. We look forward to seeing you there.